Why I Am Ordering More Shades for VeloCloud’s Growing Team
VP and GM of VeloCloud by VMware
July 7, 2016
When I basked in the glow of a banner year with record sales for VeloCloud in 2015 I could not imagine how good the first half of 2016 would turn out to be. But here I am with the half-yearly report highlighted by raising $27M in round C to secure our worldwide growth trajectory; receiving both the Cloud computing product of the year award and the IOPN “Best Service or Solution” award; doubling our partner list and being named a “cool” company by Gartner.
I was asked at the end of 2015 what I believed caused VeloCloud’s success and I think I would have to answer the same thing now. It really comes down to making a product that is both affordable and simple to use with the pressure that IT is under to do more with less. Of course this can only be realized with an excellent team.
I would go so far as to say our success shows that VeloCloud’s Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN has contributed significantly to SD-WAN technology going mainstream in the last six months. Networking enterprise IT managers and service providers alike have gone from asking, “what is SD-WAN?” to “when can I get it deployed?” That’s because VeloCloud’s unique SD-WAN offering uses the cloud and leverages diverse transport types including Broadband internet. Here are many, not all, of VeloCloud’s accomplishments in the first half of 2016:
1H-2016 Awards, Recognition and Cool Happenings
- Raised $27 million in Series C, the financing was led by venture firm March Capital Partners and some strategic investors, including Cisco Investments. Funding is being used to expand business operations and accelerate growth to meet growing global demand.
- Named a “Cool Vendor” in the “Cool Vendors in Enterprise Networking, 2016” report by Gartner, Inc.
- Won the Intelligent Open Networking (IOPN) Award 2016 for the Best Service or Solution, This award from the Network Intelligence Alliance (NI Alliance), an industry organization that promotes collaboration among vendors of products or solutions based on network intelligence.
- Won Cloud Computing Product of the Year from TMC. The Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award honors vendors with the most innovative, useful, and beneficial cloud products and services that have been brought to market in the past year.
- MetTel, a leading communications solutions provider for enterprises deploys VeloCloud Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN running on the VMware vCloud NFV platform, featuring the production-proven VMware vSphere platform.
- Chosen to present at the Channel Partners Conference & Expo, on the topic “What’s Next for Cloud: 5 Future Views.” Our Co-Founder and VP of Products, Steve Woo was one of five experts “cloud whisperers” who discussed what the future holds for this maturing market – and how channel partners can capitalize on it.
- Named to present on a panel highlighting lessons learned from SD-WAN early adopters at the Open Networking Summit (ONS) 2016. DevCon who was an early adopter SD-WAN spoke of the need for agility, cost reductions, and adoption of off-premises cloud services necessary for their construction business.
- Received 2016 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award TMC, a global, integrated media company helping clients build communities in print, in person and online, named VeloCloud Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN a Unified Communications Product of the Year Award winner.
- Selected to Present Best Practices and Benefits of SD-WAN at WAN Summit New York in March. Presented on a panel titled “After MPLS – Experiences and Lessons from Moving Traffic to the Internet.”
- Demonstrate Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN Leadership at ONUG showing how enterprise IT could reduce costs, eliminate network complexity and improve application performance.
- TMC recognized VeloCloud with the 2016 INTERNET TELEPHONY NFV Pioneer Award, honoring products that have demonstrated innovation, unique features, and noteworthy developments toward improving Network Function Virtualization.
When I say, “the future’s so bright, you’ve gotta wear shades,” I (with apologies to Timbuk 3) mean it. I am thrilled by our continued success in the first half of this year — I think I should order a few more shades!
Add a comment.