Using SD-WAN to Support Cloud Services and Increased Bandwidth Requirements

rosa.lear
By Rosa Lear
Director of Marketing, Content
September 26, 2017

Logo_RentokilWe’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, the cloud is the network. It’s become more and more obvious as we see the dramatic increase in customers making the shift away from traditional systems and infrastructure to that of the cloud and the growth opportunities it offers. With its flexibility and scalability, enabling IT personnel to actually bring a vision of what the network should be to fruition.

In our latest case study, we highlight Rentokil Initial, a global organization with 650 branch offices providing pest control and hygiene services. With Rentokil, people are protected from the dangers of pest-borne disease, risks of poor hygiene, and injury in the workplace.

Rentokil realized it needed to change the way its network was structured to support the increasing amount of traffic and cloud access it was supporting across all of its sites. For instance, just five years ago traffic to the internet accounted for approximately 20% of the overall network traffic and the remaining 80% was destined to the datacenter due to the required traffic backhaul via MPLS. Today, that ratio has completely inverted due to access of more cloud-based services, with 80% of network traffic being destined to the internet and only 20% to the datacenter.

Rentokil’s primary business requirement was support for the Google services across its global estate consisting of 35,000 employees in 70 countries. The heavy usage of Google Mail, Google Drive, and Google Hangouts with video capabilities was driving the need for a substantial increase in bandwidth that could not be achieved with traditional network architectures.

To read about how Rentokil shifted away from its existing MPLS to Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN and the benefits its realized, read the complete case study. Click here.

Image_CaseStudy_Rentokil


Add a comment.

Acclaim for VeloCloud

Hear what leading enterprises are saying about VeloCloud Cloud-Delivered SD-WANTM.