Head of Product Marketing
Marketing, Mountain View, CA
In this role, you will be responsible for creating compelling product content and executing marketing plans for an exciting and rapidly growing business. We offer a great opportunity to work with a cross section of product management, technical marketing, marketing and sales, contributing to all aspects of product marketing. This position is impactful and the successful individual thrives in a “fast twitch” and hands-on environment. The successful individual will lead the product marketing efforts within the Products team.
Product and Industry Experience
- Experience with networking solutions for both enterprises and service providers, particularly for WAN and branch networking.
- Experience with one or more of branch routing, firewalls, security gateways, WAN optimization and virtualization.
- Product experience includes the management solution as well for both monitoring and configuration.
- Experience with managed IT and/or service providers a plus.
- Product Content– Create and manage the development of content such as whitepapers, presentations, webinars, case studies, website content, datasheets, solution briefs and social media content.
- Sales and Channel Enablement– Communicate the product’s value proposition and use case / sales playbooks for field and partner sales teams
- Technical Partner Enablement - Create the joint collateral for co-marketing and sales with technical solution partners.
- Marketing– Interface with marketing to execute plans for lead generation and product launches
- Events and Conferences– Prepare content for and represent company at events and conferences. Be able to run product demonstrations.
- Competitive Intelligence– Become an expert on competitive companies and solutions, and develop materials for the sales teams.
- 6-10 years industry experience and at least 2 years of product marketing experience
- Proficient in translating highly technical product offerings and concepts for a wide variety of audiences, clearly explaining the “why”, not just the “what”.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly tailor content to different audiences and media outlets as well as an ability to edit content written by others for message and clarity
- Ability to participate in and lead the efforts of internal and external teams in order to create content and execute marketing programs
- Technical degree in engineering or computer science strongly preferred. MBA not required but a plus.